Translate

Friday, December 22, 2017

A STUDY IN CONTRAST

Some thoughts on Tommy Wiseau. Yes, he has been known to make stuff up: where he comes from, his real age, etc. He embellishes at times or fills in the blanks with how he sees himself verses the reality of things. You know who else does this? Donald Trump. But here's why Tommy doesn't bother me in the least bit. He's kind. He has an innocence to him that I find endearing. Sure, I don't know him personally, but from what I have witnessed as a fan, he seems like the genuine article. His motto is "Love each other." He lifts people up instead of bringing them down. He inspires. He laughs at himself (and a lot of other things...). 

So when Trump makes up stuff or stretches the truth, it bothers me. Because he does it to maim, to hurt, to abuse. I get it. He feels so awful inside, and the only way for him to feel any small relief is by inflicting his anguish onto others. He doesn't lead, he belittles. He doesn't ask, he demands. He spends all his time oozing out a poison that has been in him since childhood. The man needs help. I used to feel sorry for him, but I don't anymore. He's lived on this planet long enough to notice a trend. He has the money and resources to get help for his issues. But that would be admitting he has a problem, and this is something he will never do as long as he lives. 

I feel gross that I wasted a whole post on Trump's sorry ass, but I had to make use of the contrast to show how truly wonderful Tommy Wiseau is. And trust me, he is. 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment