Translate

Monday, December 25, 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS (WHATEVER)

The movie we watched last night was called "American Movie" and it was about a guy named Mark Borchardt and his quest to make his first film. Spoiler alert: the film never got made, but he did make a 30-minute short called "Coven" (which I thought was very good). I followed the guy on twitter; he's very weird. I like him.

Today is Christmas and it's one of the worst. Kevin is sick as a dog and I'm fighting off a sore throat. The neighbors have been blasting shitty jungle music (it has the same throbbing beat) all day and some neighborhood kids got dirt bikes and atvs for Christmas and have been riding them all around our street. So it's been non-stop noise all day. I tried to lie down today to help fight off this cold, but it was fruitless. Long story short--we have shitty neighbors who like to ruin Christmas and really any day for the sake of their fun (which comes above everyone else's). I hope one of the kids have an accident. No offense, but it's illegal to drive off-road bikes in the street and they're not wearing helmets either. Fuck 'em.

I also had yard work I need to do this week. We got a letter from our association that we are in violation of a few things, namely: empty weeds from flowerbed, pull vine off porch screen, fix fence (from Irma), and open hurricane shutter on one window (we tried; it's stuck). I also am still looking for a good bit of earth for Buster's burial. And if I'm truly getting sick this is going to put a dent in my plans. Jimmy was also supposed to help me, but he's severely depressed and anxious about an upcoming interview he has on Thursday. I also have an appt. on Fri with the TMJ doc to evaluate my new nightguard (it's not working). So yeah, shittiest Christmas ever (and also saddest what with Buster being gone).

No comments:

Post a Comment