Translate

Monday, January 1, 2018

NEW YEAR

I just tallied up the list of days I drank in 2017, and it turned out to be 104. I am very pleased with myself. I kept a "drinking journal" all through the year to  help keep track of my drinking habits. I purposely drank less than I have in I don't know how many years. Sure it was difficult, and I slipped into some severe depressions and anxiety attacks, but I made it through and I'm healthier to show for it. I'm ready to do it again this year, and who knows, maybe I'll break my record and drink even less. πŸ˜‰

I also put on my step counter today as I want to start recording my walking steps again. I used to walk 10,000 steps per day, but have slacked off this past year. I've put on more weight than I ever have in the past, but with the walking (and some floor exercises which I plan to resume 3-4 times per week) I should have no problem shedding the weight. In time, with less drinking and healthier eating, I hope to be back to 120-125 lbs. If I make it there, I want to keep going back to 115, but that's a big if. 115 was a long time ago and I'm no longer a spring chicken. Ha ha ha.

I might sound hopeful, but inside I really am dreading this new year as there are many unknowns ahead (more than usual, I should say). But I hope it's mostly good, not just for myself but for my loved ones and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment